Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A weekend of firsts….

This past weekend was a good one. My whole family (except for Kylie and John!) went down to the cottage. We are trying to take all the “firsts” head on…the first time we do things without my dad. I think we did pretty well. It helped to have Kris and the girls there – that was a first too! That was one my dad always wanted to happen – he would have been so proud. It made my mom so happy as well to have them there. We laughed and cried and had a great time.

We came home with a new family member as well! “Dutch” is a beautiful German Shepard/Husky mix that someone dropped off by the lake. He was severely malnourished so Kris and a neighbor took him to the vet to get him checked out. He is about one year old, 20 lbs. underweight and as sweet as can be. The other dogs took an immediate liking to him (as did Kris!). Now he resides in Tinley Park with Luther and Kaya! So glad my sister is such a softy…lucky for her John is as well…

Lucas has decided he only likes to sleep at home in his bed.
Lucas horrible sleeper = crabby mama!

Here are some pics from the weekend:



















No comments:

Post a Comment