Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DIY window films...

This glass pane door leading to our mud room has had the same piece of fabric covering the windows since we purchased our home. I wasn't sure what to do with the door - I like the light that the door lets in, but for privacy we needed something covering it.



I already have a couple of different fabrics going on in the downstairs, so I thought I'd try something different. At a local craft store I saw some window films that you could pop in each window panel. I decided to make my own.



It may be hard to see because of the light coming in - I will try to get better pictures later in the day. I took clear contact paper and cut it to fit each window. I then used a white paint marker and drew on the contact paper.




This still allows great light into the dining room, but gives us the privacy we need. I love the results!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The outcome looks great! You are very handy and creative in painting your glass door. At first glance, you wouldn’t think it’s the product of DIY. I like it! Now, you don’t need those fabric covers just to have the privacy you want.

    *
    Jeleryl Comisky

    ReplyDelete