Monday, August 1, 2011

Going back in time....

I'm usually pretty happy and content with where life has brought me to this point...very few regrets...but last weekend I really wished I was a kid again! We went up to Mears, Michigan for the weekend. On Saturday Nate, Anna and Jeff joined me and the boys in Union Pier, Michigan to hang out at the beach and to also break up my drive 4 hours North into Michigan. We had a great time at the beach. Then it was off to my friend Sandy's cottage...which happens to be across the lake from the camp I went to in my pre-teens. It was such a nostalgic journey...

Lucas and Aidan enjoying the beach in Union Pier, Michigan



Hanging out with Sam and Bella

Upper Silver Lake

The new chapel at Grace Adventures (formerly Grace Youth Camp)

The Mess Hall

The beach at GYC



The path to the boys' cabins

My old cabin - #3!



Kids playing 4-square

We had such a great time walking down memory lane - I can't wait until my boys are old enough to go there for camp! Aidan loved checking out the zipline and paint ball (none of which they had back in my day...). It is such a beautiful place and I have such great memories. Thanks Sam, for having us to the cottage - we had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment