Sunday, January 15, 2012

NYC & Me....

 In January I was due for a weekend away.  I LOVE New York City and Paula had a work trip scheduled there, so I decided to tag along and had a great time!

I love the feel of NYC - it's like Chicago, only bigger.  On Friday I walked all over Manhattan - stopping at street vendors (eating a "slice" the proper way), got my nails done, went to the 911 memorial and walked the Brooklyn Bridge.  It was one of the best days.

  
Walking across this bridge really moved me.  All I pictured was the people on 9/11 trying to exit the City on foot.  I guess I was surprised when I went to the 911 memorial earlier that day how much it moved me.  I sobbed.  You can just feel the heaviness there, I don't know what it is.  So that kind of set the tone for my walk across the bridge.  Amazing city.  Amazing people.  

 On Saturday we took the subway uptown and saw the musical "Everything Goes" - it was amazing!!

 John hooked us up with reservations at one of David Burke's restaurants and it was fabulous!

 We walked all over again on Saturday - Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Rockafeller Center, 5th Avenue...

   I love Central Park!

 Thanks Paula, for letting me tag along - I had a great time!  Let's do it again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment