Wednesday, February 1, 2012

NYC...

I am headed out of town for a few days...without kids! For a real, grown-up trip to New York City.

You have no idea how excited I am. No, really. I love New York City. It's like Chicago on steroids. So much to see and do...such a diversity in people. I can't wait to soak it all in. But the main reason right now I can't wait?

You all know how much I love my boys, right? No question. But the past two nights my 19 month old has decided that he doesn't require much sleep...AT.ALL. For no reason. He's not sick. He's not getting any teeth. He's just being a pill. So this morning he decided 3:30 a.m. was the time to wake up, and if I didn't agree he would sob LOUDLY for two hours straight. And since I am after all mother of the year I caved in and took him downstairs to watch choo-choos, give him a snack and a smoothie...so I have now rewarded him for his behavior...just to make sure he will do it again....ugh...my excuse? At 4:30 a.m. I am just not thinking clearly. Hopefully my mom will not read this until I am on the plane. See she so kindly offered to take the boys for me. Sorry mom! However, she is always bragging when I come home how much better the boys sleep at her house...I'm hoping that still holds true!

So yes, I am ready. Packed. Heading out and hoping to come back refreshed, happy and content (oh yeah, and rested!). Oh...and I hope to have taken a few pictures too! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment