Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

So today is Father's Day - I am filled with so many emotions. I am thankful for my father-in-law who we spent time with in Arizona this weekend. He is such a kind and compassionate man - I definately scored in the father-in-law dept.!

(horrible pic of my dad, but I love that I have my two dads in a picture together!)

I thought this was the perfect card for Nate - I see this picture in my very near future...


I am so thankful and proud of the dad Nate has become - when we got home yesterday Lucas only wanted Nate - like he knew it was Father's Day and wanted to give him some extra love.

But most of all I am missing my dad today - all weekend really. This is my first Father's Day without him. We were at a wedding this weekend and I had to leave the room during the father/daughter dance. It's sometimes hard to put into words how it feels now that he is gone. Most days I am okay...but some days it just creeps up on you when you least expect it. See, my dad was exceptional. I know (and hope) that every daughter says that about their dad, but truly, my dad and I had a special bond. He was my rock, my "go to guy" when I needed advise. He told me the truth - always. I miss him and feel a little lost sometimes without him. Things come up and my reaction is to call dad and ask his advise - but I can't.

We are all learning to cope without him, but some days, even if it makes me sad, it still feels so good to remember...

Today is one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment