Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dad's Birthday.



Today is my dad's birthday. Still miss him tons and doesn't feel right without him. Not true it gets easier - still waiting for that day.

Weird but true story. The day after my dad passed away I was driving to my parents house. Driving in the car was the only time I had to myself without Aidan seeing me cry so I bawled. I turned on the radio and the song by Kansas, Carry on my wayward son was playing... right at the line that said "don't you cry no more..." I thought it was strange - hadn't heard that song in years. A few days later on another drive home from my mom's the same song, at the exact same line in the song came on the radio when I changed stations. I am pretty skeptical when it comes to stuff like that, but it was weird. Now a year later, driving in my car, having a good cry with no kids in the car (as you can imagine that doesn't happen often), I hear Fergie "it's time to be a big girl now...big girls don't cry." Hmmm....maybe it's time to stop the tears.

Love you pops and miss you tons...xoxo

Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't get easier per se, but it gets different. Like now it makes me sad that my mom only knew one grandchild here, now she has 7 granddaughter and one grandson. It is also super hard when you get farther away so that they people in your life don't know. It was hard when we first moved to Indy and people would make comments like "Where do your parents live?" "Is Caroline bringing your mom for grandparents day?" Stuff like that hits you.

    ReplyDelete