Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Overwhelmed...

Overwhelmed pretty much describes how I feel these days…in the simple part of my day to day I am overwhelmed by two children who now need me to attend to all of their needs…

Overwhelmed by the fact that I can’t do everything I want to for them by myself…

Overwhelmed by my physical limitations on this road to recovery….

But mostly I am overwhelmed by the love, support and prayers I have received. I can’t tell you how many doctors and nurses came into my hospital room to witness what was done for me and the fact that I survived…a couple were even crying when they told me my story that I was hearing for the first time, a story I have no memory of…

I am overwhelmed by an amazing nursing staff that took care of me and that came into my hospital room several times to pray over me…

I am overwhelmed by a husband who took care of our two kiddos through all the craziness...when he wasn't even sure I'd be coming home to them...

I am overwhelmed by my family and friends who stepped up to help….that would do anything for me…

I am overwhelmed by constant stories of strangers that have been praying for me and my family and for my recovery…

And I wonder what makes me so deserving? I believe in the power of prayer now more than ever. I believe in a God who guided the hands of these doctors who saved my life. So what do I do with this second chance? Why do I get a second chance when others don’t? How do I make a difference? Is it in being the best wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend that I can be for now? How do I pay it forward? I’m a little overwhelmed.

1 comment:

  1. you are so deserving of all the best life has to offer Kim. I am so glad that you are home and recovering now. you are a true gift!!

    ReplyDelete