Friday, November 18, 2011

Only six?

Did you know that there are only six Fridays until Christmas?

Sorry to freak you out.

The truth is that we keep Christmas pretty simple around here. We don’t break the bank. The boys definately get something special, but not over the top.

We want to make Christmas about more than just getting presents. Nate and I both had family traditions that we remember so fondly from our childhood. I want those new traditions that we are starting in our home to be what our boys remember. The true meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate. I want them to learn about giving - they already know all about receiving! I want them to have that warm, fuzzy feeling that I get when I think about Christmas Eve, sitting around with my family in our new warm PJ's, sipping egg nog or hot cocoa, watching my Dad's train around the tree. Getting to maybe open just one present on Christmas Eve...just being together as a family.

This year we are trying our best to buy local, small business or homemade...or even make it ourselves! It means more. At least to me.

There are so many creative and brilliant small businesses and independent artists that it would be a shame not to support them and let them know we value their work.

For the next six Fridays I will be sharing some Christmas gift picks all from small business and handmade artists.

Today is for all of those little ones in your life!

I LOVE this fair trade tic tac toe game - so cute! When I am looking for a unique gift I often go to Esty.com. You can find this adorable set for $15.99 right here: Tic Tac Toe

Aidan loves to cook with me. I swear that is why he is such a good eater - he is always more willing to try something that he has helped me make. His "Nana" gave him an apron with his name on it that he loves. Here are some cute ones that you can personalize for that little chef in your life: Apron

And my favorite DIY project is below...Aidan wants to make this crayon wreath for his teacher (shhh! don't tell her!). Aidan loves doing art projects and this one will be so fun to do together.

So if you have some time and have never checked out Etsy.com go check it out. You may be surprised at what you find!

No comments:

Post a Comment