Thursday, November 18, 2010

Surgery is scheduled...

Surgery is scheduled! I had an appointment with my surgeon yesterday. He was running over an hour late so I had an opportunity to stop by and see the nurses at my OB’s office. They are so great. It was good to see them and show off some pictures of the boys. I was hoping to see my favorite doctor, Dr. Emily Su, but apparently I had just missed her. In reflecting back on my summer I am reminded how wonderful she was – she was with me every step of the way to my recovery from this ordeal and went well above and beyond her role as my OB. I hope our paths cross again.

On December 27th I will have my final surgery to finish up the craziness that happened this summer….I am so looking forward to getting through this surgery and being able to move on, but I admit I am scared. The idea of surgery again terrifies me. Pulling into the parking garage yesterday at Northwestern to go to my doctor’s appointment I think I had a little panic attack. All the memories of being there, the anxiety, the pain, the sadness all comes back when I am at NMH. My doctor is amazing and I am confident that I am in great hands.

Please say a prayer. Please pray that the surgery goes well, that the recovery isn’t too tough and that Nate and I can handle being in the hospital again for a week. Please also keep Aidan in your thoughts and prayers – I’m not sure how to handle this with him. I am again reminded how wonderful our family and friends are. We are going to have lean on them again during the recovery from this final surgery and all of them have stepped up and offered help and just keep saying “don’t worry, we’ll work it out.” And I believe we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment