Saturday, January 8, 2011

Let it snow...let it snow...let it snow...

I love the snow - especially looking at it through the window! It's been easy for me to take it easy these days and enjoy how pretty the snow is. Sometimes it's good to just slow down. I don't have the stress right now of having to walk in it, drive in it and bundle up to deal with the cold. Next week may be a different story, but this week I have just enjoyed recovering at home and kind of taking a break from the craziness of every day.

As some of you know, we were recently seriously considering a move to California. We went out there last October and scouted it out and fell in love. The idea of sunny and 80 degrees 90% of the year was really appealing. I feel better when it is warm and sunny. I have a husband who loves all things outdoors. I have now two very active boys. Aidan sleeps better and behaves better when he is able to run around outside all day - all of this really appealed to us. Not to mention California is just beautiful. There is only one problem...it is so far from our family and friends. Seriously, our pro and con list was very lopsided - tons of pro's and just one con...

But as we found out this summer that one "con" is a big and important one. I don't know what we would have done if we were in California when I had Lucas. Our family and friends came through HUGE for us this summer. We are forever thankful. And for now at least, sticking close to home!

No comments:

Post a Comment