Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bring Me Joy, Bring Me Peace...


Love this picture of my guys. I'll be posting pics from Christmas shortly...but I wanted to say Happy New Year! Everyone keeps telling me that 2011 is going to be a great year – that we deserve a great year. I agree! I’m not one of those people who can say “I wouldn’t change anything about 2010…” My changes, let’s see…my dad would still be here. That’s the biggest one. I would still go through all I went through to have Lucas, but let my dad still be here. Please?

So it is January 5th. It has been about 4 months since my dad passed away. Is it supposed to get easier? I was told that…but they lied. It doesn’t get easier. I miss him. I missed him at Christmas. I missed his words of encouragement before my recent surgery. I miss him every day. When does that get easier? I don’t want Aidan to forget him. Yet I think he probably will. I wish Lucas had more time with him. Boy, am I “Debbie Downer” or what? Oh well.

This is going to be a good year. A great year! I am determined. Lucas is so much fun right now – he has to be the sweetest baby ever. Aidan has been awesome since I’ve been home from the hospital – he just wants to hang out with me and tell me he loves me all day long. I could get used to this. But I am getting restless. Anyone that knows me knows that I don’t sit still for long. I have things to do! As I feel better I want to do more. I am praying for the patience not to overdo it. I need to give my stomach the proper time to heal so I’m not back doing this all over again, but do you know how hard that is to do?

So I long ago gave up having New Year’s Resolutions – now I just call them goals…how many people ever actually accomplish those resolutions anyway? So here are my “goals”…

1. To fully enjoy our upcoming vacation…have I said that I CAN’T WAIT for vacation?!? Before we had kiddos we used to take fabulous vacations…since then Nate has been to Mexico (Amy’s wedding, I was preggers), Arizona, Cape Cod, Florida…all without me! So not fair. So the end of February we are headed to Puerto Rico…have I mentioned that I can’t wait?

2. I am turning 40 this year. How the H$## did that happen? Well I am determined not to fight it, pout, cry or whine about it. So let’s have a party! Nate has promised me a birthday bash – it will have to be after the vacation tho so I can be tan!

3. Spend more time at our cottage. I hope to spend lots of time down there this summer. Aidan is going to love it.

4. Start a new business. I know, you all may think I’m crazy, but I LOVED having my own business. The only thing I didn’t love about Little Green Baby was that it was retail. I loved running a business though. I have some ideas…so my goal is to get that going.

So that’s it for now. I guess if I keep the list short I have less of a chance of not completing them. Happy New Year everyone! I hope your lists are short and doable as well!

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't get easier but it does change over time. Even though I miss my mom, in the recent past I have missed having a mom. Make sense? I don't have that mom to talk to. My kids don't have that Grandma who knew me as a kid. My stepmom is great and she loves my kids but she can't tell them stories about me as a kid. Aidan will remember. I promise you. Caroline was not quite 4 when Linda died and she remembers. Talk about him a lot. Have lots of pictures. My younger kids know that they have a Grandma in heaven. They can pick her out of pictures and know that she was married to Grandpa before Nana.

    If you are going to be 40 this year. . . .I'm going to be 40 next year. AAAHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be happy tell you that 40 is just a number...and start a new business that sounds great not crazy...i really want to start my own too.

    ReplyDelete