Monday, January 31, 2011

It feels good to get out...

As many of you know, I love photography. I used to even have a photography business a few years back and I loved it! Now my main subjects have become my kiddos, and I'm looking to change that up a bit! My Aunt Sandi gave me the bug recently when she passed along my grandmother's camera to me...how cool is that?

You can no longer get film for it unless you roll it yourself, but it certainly is fun bit of history for me to have. I wonder if my grandkids will one day look at Nikon D5000 and think it is archaic too?

So Sunday my sis-in-law Amy and I headed to the Chicago Cultural Center to check out an exhibit I was interested in. A "street photographer" has recently been discovered and her work is amazing! Her name is Vivian Maier. She is a true talent. The sad part is her film/negatives were discovered after her death - so she never knew about all the recognition she is getting. The picture below is my absolute favorite!

(photo courtesy of Google images)

The contrast of old school film and graininess of it is amazing in her prints.

It was a truly inspiring display. If you have a chance to check it out I highly recommend it!

If you've never been the the Cultural Center I recommend going as well - the detail and architecture is just wonderful. I had a lot of fun snapping the pics below...





No comments:

Post a Comment