Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pink pancakes!

We recently made pink pancakes from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook...as you can see I had one child that LOVED them...

Aidan, not so much. I think the color threw him off. I accidentally put in double the requested amount of beets...so we really had red pancakes instead of pink...

Here is the recipe in case you are interested in trying them out. I thought they were really good and my niece, Kylie (she's 20), tried them as well and really liked them. Not something I would make all the time, but definately a fun alternative.

3/4 C water
1/2 C ricotta cheese
1/4 beet puree
1 T vanilla extract
1 C pancake mix
1/4 C grated apple

In blender/food processor combine water, ricotta cheese, beet puree, vanilla and cinnamon. Dump mixture into medium bowl, add the pancake mix and apple, stir until just combined. Do not overmix - the batter will be a little lumpy. Spoon batter onto griddle. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on the top then flip, cooking another 2-3 minutes. Serve warm with syrup or fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment