Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Master of Deception...

I am a master of deception...not a title most people would want, is it?

Well I admit it...I hide things in food. My husband and kids eat loads of vegetables and they don't know it (although Nate has guessed a few...but he still says it is good!). I make pancakes with sweet potatoes in them...macaroni and cheese with cauliflower and carrots...beef & broccoli with butternut squash...and they LOVE it!

gnocchi made with sweet potatoes

peanut butter and chocolate pie made with cauliflower

chocolate chip cookies made with chickpeas!

I admit that I did not come up with this on my own. My two new favorite cookbooks are Deceptively Delicious and Double Delicious - both by Jessica Seinfeld.

3 comments:

  1. I have wanted to try both of those! My kids do like veggies. . . well, my older two do! But it certainly amps up the nutrition of other stuff to add the veggies. Post some recipe reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aidan eats most veggys also - but I figure it can't hurt to have more! Plus I am making purees for Lucas anyway. So far everything has been really good - I will post some reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's kinda why I haven't done it yet! I'm done with the baby food makin' days and really don't wanna go back. :-)

    ReplyDelete