Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chicago Blizzard 2011

We are staying warm and enjoying the snow here in Chicago - not much else we can do with this recent blizzard! I love the map below:

(photo courtesy of Google images)

I love this picture below of Lake Shore Drive...it gives you the full impact I believe of this storm. People had to abandon their cars and be taken to safety. The news media seems to want to blame someone for what happened on Lake Shore Drive...I say cudos to our Fire Dept and Police Officers who were able to rescue all these people. We all knew the storm was coming...most of the people I saw interviewed didn't blame anyone but themselves...

(photo courtesy of Google images)

The below picture is out our front door:


Just a few others that I took on Wednesday





I took the following pictures this evening...you can see the clean up is underway, but there really isn't anywhere to go with all this snow. People shovel out their cars and when the City snow plows finally make it down the side streets they block them back in!




We don't mind the snow right know and everyone being forced just to slow down. I say this of course knowing that we will be on the beach in Puerto Rico in less than a month...provided we can dig ourselves out of Chicago by then...

No comments:

Post a Comment